Visit Honeysuckle Lane to purchase
~*~
Mohair Bird on Calico Indienne
This sweet bird is hand-stitched using vintage, sparse mohair and recycled wool. She is nestled on a cushion made from vintage cotton fabric. The print is called Calico Indienne. The lining of her wings and tail is antique silk. I whittled the tiny beak from a piece of ebony leftover from one of my husband's guitar making projects. She has glass bead eyes. Vintage seam binding is used for the decorative bow.
Approximately 6" tall.
~*~
Mohair Bird on Plaid Silk
This bird is also hand-stitched using vintage, sparse mohair and recycled
wool. She sits on a cushion made from plaid silk dupioni. I have used recycled wool for the lining
of her wings and tail, as well. I
whittled the tiny beak from a piece of ebony leftover from one of my
husband's guitar making projects. Vintage seam binding is used for the
decorative bow.
Approximately 6" tall.
I thought I'd make a little bird to sit under her wing... however, to be honest, it looks like a little furry fish! So, I will include it at no extra charge. 😉
~*~
Velvet Bird on Brocade
Sold, thank you!
This bluebird is my favorite! I have hand-stitched her using vintage velvet and brocade. These two fabrics were used for her body, wings, tail, and lining of the wings and tail. It is such a pretty blue. Her cushion / nest is vintage brocade, a really pretty golden yellow color. Her beak is whittled from ebony.
Approximately 6" tall.
~*~
Mohair Bunny
Sold, thank you!
This little guy is about 4 1/2" long. He's hand-stitched and has vintage, sparse mohair fur, with recycled wool for the lining of his ears. He has a linen cottontail and is attached to a patch of wool felt grass. His eyes are tiny glass beads.
Thank you for stopping by!
Take care and God bless,
Lana














No comments:
Post a Comment